While some songs have a grand opening, be it a guitar crescendo or a quotable first line, Derby’s Haiku Salut sneak in with the gentle sound of someone tickling some piano keys and the track floats, rather like a cloud on a summer days. About halfway through, Los Elefantes bursts in action with a flurry of accordions and beats. I can hear some Beirut and the less mopey elements of post rock, but really this borders on the whimsical. Somehow I can imagine it as a soundtrack to the cartoon adaptation of Raymond Briggs The Snowman, in particular this scene. Magical.
- Michael Bugeja interviews daniel martin moore... http://t.co/J5GAUIRe 2012-10-10
- Miniature Dinosaurs - Next of Kin http://t.co/RjHcloVJ 2012-10-10
- Stagedive proudly presents singer-songwriters Daniel Martin Moore and Joan Shelley (USA) together on stage this... http://t.co/vCrUILdZ 2012-10-10
- Stagedive proudly presents singer-songwriters Daniel Martin Moore and Joan Shelley (USA) together on stage this... http://t.co/qufrgLgl 2012-10-10
- http://t.co/64YNtAfx http://t.co/p1jWNRY2 2012-10-09
- More updates...